Futures Week 2022
Next week is ‘Futures Week’ in the Academy and during this week we are specifically focusing on our Careers Education Advice and Guidance offer to ensure that all students at Erdington Academy are inspired to seek ambitious and aspirational destinations post 16.
We have a range of events on offer for the students from Year 7 – Year 11 including:
- Guess the teacher competition Year 7 & 8
- M & G enterprise challenge for selected Year 8 students
- National Careers Challenge selected Year 9 Students
- Erdington Academy annual Careers fair for whole school
- Next Gen Nursing workshop selected Year 10 & 11 students
- Careers focus in lessons
- Visit to the National College for Advanced Transport and Infrastructure selected Y10 & 11 students
Parents are a major influence on a child’s future, as the support provided by you will continue once they have left the Academy. Please discuss any careers plans your child may have with them and encourage them to carry out research on the career pathways that may be of interest to them using their own START digital career planning platform Start (startprofile.com). Every student has been issued with login details and can access this website at home and on any smart device.
The following link is specifically for parents A parents’ toolkit for career conversations (talkingfutures.org.uk)
You can refer to the school website ‘careers section’ that has a comprehensive range of impartial information, advice and guidance to support you.
If you have any queries do email Amanda O’Donnell – Academy Careers Advisor on [email protected]
Please click here for futures week programme.
The Careers Team