16th September 2022
RE: WELCOME TO YEAR 11
We hope you have had a restful and safe summer. We look forward to welcoming students into the new academic year 2022/23. I look forward to working closely with you this year and have already met some of you last academic year. This is a very exciting time for our students as they prepare for the future and we are lucky to have a great team of staff to support in this journey.
This Year we have additional support from Mr Jordan Head of Key Stage 4 who comes with a wealth of experience. Miss Dodd also joins our team as a behaviour mentor and supporting Head of Year in addressing the day to day needs of the students.
I would like to inform you of some of the opportunities this year:
Students will be given the opportunity to participate in events and rewards as the year progresses. All events and rewards will be accessible based on performance and expected standards. Students must have good attendance, punctuality, behaviour records and extra-curricular contributions to ensure they are able to access the rewards programme. Some of the events will be school leavers hoodies, leavers lunch, prom, awards evenings and award trips. Students will also have access to the careers and guidance team throughout the year.
These are some of the key dates this year:
- 11th October – Into Year 11 Evening – revision and curriculum guidance for parents.
- 24th to 28th October – Half Term
- 1st November – Looking beyond the classroom – an evening of support and guidance with special guest speaker times TBC
- 14th November – Start of Mock Exams
- 18th December to 2nd January – Festive Holiday
- 18th January – Year 11 Parents Evening
- 20th to 24th February – Half Term
- 27th February – Start of Mock Exams
- 3rd April – 14th Festive Break
- 29th May – Half Term
Please be reminded of the uniform standards this year, which can be found on the website. Can you please ensure you support the Academy in ensuring your child is in correct uniform daily.
The’ Head of Key Stage’ Mr Jordan and I really look forward to working with you and your child to ensure their success this academic year.
If you have any issues please email me on:
[email protected] Head of Year
[email protected] – Head of Key stage
Mrs J Archer
Head of Year 11