Careers in Year 11
Students receive at least one interview with their Careers Adviser and receive a personalised Action Plan. They are supported with writing applications and developing personal statements to use on their own or in conjunction with Unifrog.
As well as having an enrichment day; students experience a variety of workshops and assemblies that are aimed at building self-esteem, confidence and aspirations for the future. They have meaningful encounters with apprenticeship, further and higher education providers as part of futures week; at the careers fair, bespoke assemblies, events and again at the apprenticeship fair in March.
Students are encouraged to participate in the National Citizen Service (NCS) scheme .
Useful Links for Year 11 Students:
Year 11 – Futures Week – November 2022
How to Write a CV for a 16-Year-Old [Template for First CV]
How to Write a School Leaver CV [Template & Examples]
Best Hobbies and Interests to Put on a CV [Examples for 2022]
What Are Soft Skills? List of the Best Examples
Looking to find the right employment opportunity through the Apprenticeship route? Checkout The Apprenticeship Centre website for their current vacancies.
During Year 11 students will have:
- Meaningful encounters with apprenticeship, further and higher education providers
- At least one 1:1 careers interview with an independent, impartial advisor
- Regular mentoring sessions with their form tutor
- Received information that signposts open events for post-16 providers
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the careers pages of the website and Unifrog
- The option to undertake National Citizen Service in the Summer
By the end of Year 11 students will:
- Have a CV and a personal statement that focuses on your personal skills and qualities.
- Know about post 16 learning options.
- Know how to prepare for and make effective applications to prospective employers
- Know how to find and use a range of careers information resources.
- Know how and where to access careers guidance
- Be able to make effective career decisions and transitions.