Careers in Year 11
Students receive at least one interview with their Careers Adviser and receive a personalised Action Plan. They are supported with writing applications and developing personal statements to use on their own or in conjunction with Unifrog.
As well as having an enrichment day; students experience a variety of workshops and assemblies that are aimed at building self-esteem, confidence and aspirations for the future. They have meaningful encounters with apprenticeship, further and higher education providers as part of futures week; at the careers fair, bespoke assemblies, events and again at the apprenticeship fair in March.
Students are encouraged to participate in the National Citizen Service (NCS) scheme .
During Year 11 students will have:
- Meaningful encounters with apprenticeship, further and higher education providers
- At least one 1:1 careers interview with an independent, impartial advisor
- Regular mentoring sessions with their form tutor
- Received information that signposts open events for post-16 providers
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the careers pages of the website and Unifrog
- The option to undertake National Citizen Service in the Summer
By the end of Year 11 students will:
- Have a CV and a personal statement that focuses on your personal skills and qualities.
- Know about post 16 learning options.
- Know how to prepare for and make effective applications to prospective employers
- Know how to find and use a range of careers information resources.
- Know how and where to access careers guidance
- Be able to make effective career decisions and transitions.