Mock Interview Day and START careers
We will be hosting a Mock Interview day on Thursday 14th July 2022 for all Year 10 students to help raise awareness of what to expect at an interview in the future.
The interviews will be carried out by professionals from local businesses.
Students can wear business attire if they wish to do so. This must be smart business type wear. Full uniform is perfectly acceptable.
Over the next 12 months your child will be working on applying for post-16 education and attending interviews to secure their 16 -18 education. In Birmingham, there are many options for students when applying for post-16 education, including: Sixth Forms, Colleges, Apprenticeships and Training.
Digital Career Planning website
Edington Academy has invested in a digital career planning website to support students to research careers, jobs, skills and employability. Ask them to show you, it’s on their school email account which can be accessed on any device via office 365.
Mrs O’Donnell the in-school Careers Advisor will meet with your child to discuss career paths and subjects that interest them. Following this, she will provide them with a range of information to support them over the Summer holidays to look at a range of options.
Parents Role in Post-16 Education
Whilst applying for post-16 education is your child’s responsibility and their choice, as a parent, it is your role to:
- Have discussions with your child about their interests and careers that they would like to try
- Ensure your child has applied for more than one post-16 provider to ensure they have a range of options available to them
- Ensure your child attends any interviews on time
- Engage with the Careers advice that is sent out through social media, on the website and handed to students in school
- Encourage your child to log into & register with START profile, the online careers platform startprofile.com
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs A O’Donnell
Academy Careers Advisor.